lunes, 16 de abril de 2012

Picasso Museum

While walking around the Gothic Quarter, my friends and I decided to walk towards the Bank District where the Picasso Museum is located on Montcada Street. This is the first museum that is dedicated to Pablo's Picasso's artwork with more than 3,500 pieces of art. When walking through the museum, I found it to be very interesting because it was organized by the years he had created his artwork and how it has evolved throughout the years. When I listened to the audio set, I was able to understand how he started off his work and why. The museum opened up in 1963, with only a few pierces of his collection. The expansion has grown through donations that have been made to the museum. The museum occupies 5 large houses that have art work format eh 13th and 14th centuries. Each house is dedicated to a different part of time that the section was built. Now, the Picasso Museum hosts special exhibitions.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario