lunes, 16 de abril de 2012

Sagrada Familia

Sagrada Familia is a land mark that many tourists know to visit when coming to Barcelona, Spain. Antoni Gaudi started this project in 1882, but in 1926 he was hit by a train and died. The construction of the project, slowly began up again but the Spanish Civil War interrupted the process. In the 1950's they began to build again, but is still not complete until this day. They say it will be ready in 2020. Even though the plan never fell through of being a cathedral inside, the outset of the church and the inside resemble a cathedral. Gaudi's designs were very unique and interesting, where his work drew primarily from nature. I have been inside of Sagrada Familia now 3 times and every time I go inside, I seem to find another part of the cathedral that I have never noticed. The mosaic tiles, inside the cathedral that let in the light from the outside are astonishing. Through my abroad experience, I have visited many cathedral and I would have to say that this cathedral is one of the prettiest works of art that I have seen!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario